In this article we discuss the introduction of 3 new TLDs available at Domain.com, how they can be used by online publishers. Let’s see what TLD is.
What is a TLD
TLD stands for Top Level Domain. For a long time, webmasters had only a few top level domain choices; the most popular of which was the .com top level domain. In case you are wondering, a top level domain is the part of the domain name that comes after the dot (.).
So, TLDs like .net, .com, .org are other obvious examples. And these, along with the .com domain, are available for everyone. Then we have special TLDs that can only be used by certain types of organizations or sites intended for certain geographical locations.
For instance, an .edu domain can only be used by learning institutions. This kind of domain name is called a restricted TLD (rTLD). Then there are country specific domain names such as .ie which is available to sites targeting Ireland, .gr which is available to sites targeting Greece, and .ph for sites targeting the Philippines.
Domain.com, a heavy hitter in the domain name registration business, has been responsible for releasing hundreds of these new top level domains that are industry specific. For example, you can get .attorney, or .accountant, or even .actor to suit your profession. Also, you can get .builders, .bar or .band to suit your business.
You may also want to benefit from seasonal TLDs such as .blackfriday.
.army and .airforce are great top level domains for uniformed professionals.
All these top level domains and many more are available at discount prices with a Domain.com coupon.
Today, however, I would like to bring to your attention two new and long overdue TLDs – .NEWS, and .TV.
Also, Domain.com has released a number of promotional coupon codes that allow you to save money when ordering your special domains.
Tell your story better with a .NEWS Domain
Credibility in the journalism industry in the internet age has become more of an issue. And there is no better way to infuse some credibility to your news stories than to get a .NEWS domain name. This domain name also makes your site more recognizable as a source of news stories.
Reasons to use the .NEWS Domain
- The .NEWS domain name is brief, and it takes no effort, on your part or your visitors’, to figure out what your site is all about.
- Previously, you had to market that you are a news source by advertising your brand because a generic .COM domain was grossly vague. The new domain name tells everyone you are a news site. In other words, it is SEO ready because search engines and web users will instantly recognize it.
- .NEWS is supremely modern, and most readers will instantly see you as a credible news source.
Let the world watch your content through a .TV Domain
Appetite for video content has gone nowhere but up in the past several years. But so has the competition among sites seeking to provide this highly demanded web experience. That is precisely why you need to get a .TV domain name to stand out.
Why use .TV
- With this domain name extension, people will know in an instant what your site is all about. So, right there, a .TV domain is a good way to put your site in the online limelight.
- And trust is another thing this domain name can get you. The .TV extension has the support of VeriSign, which is an easily recognizable name in the internet business.
- It is an ideal domain name if you are a vlogger.
Saving money with 18COOL Domain.com Coupon
At Domain.com, prices for .NEWS domains start at $28.99. You can use Domain.com coupon code 18COOL and get 18% discount so that you only pay a yearly cost of just $23.77.
The .TV domain names are very affordable. For instance, with just $29.99, you can own a basic .TV domain name, a cost you can reduce to just $24.59 applying Domain.com promo code. See latest offers for Domain.com in this page.