Hi guys! Instagram Story has become a big deal for Instagram users since it launched a few months ago. Some Instagramers are loving Instagram Story, while others try to ignore it. Now, if you are a brand or a blogger, I strongly encourage you to make good use of your Instagram Story. Why? Because this is the best way to get high engagement with your Instagram followers, while making them aware of the great products or services you are offering. Some of your Instagram followers will discover your brand and chances are many others will take actions towards your brand, by visiting your website and sometimes buying your products right away.
So today I would like to share with you the much wanted answer about Instagram Story. Forget everything you have read about the 24 hours Instagram Story uploads policy. Here is how to upload videos and pictures that are older than 24 hours.
How to upload Videos that are older than 24 hours on Instagram Story?
As a Travel & Beauty Blogger, I like to share some of my trips and new blog posts announcement instantly with my Instagram Followers via my Instagram Story. Now, the issue I am often facing is to select which travel videos of my day I will be sharing with my followers to avoid putting to much stuff on my Story. Some people make super long Instagram Stories but I don’t like it as the more stories you upload in a day, the more you will lose followers’ views on the way (unless they are your biggest fans or just tap like crazy to get to the next person’s stories!)
Therefore, I have been looking for a solution to film and share lots of cool videos, while being able to post them little by little during the week, rather than posting it all on the same day you filmed them.
As I did not find answers to my question when googling “How to upload videos that are older than 24 hours on Instagram Story?” I have tried out a few things and finally found the much wanted answer on how to upload videos that are older than 24 hours on Instagram Story!
So here are the 7 super easy steps for you to follow and let the magic happen:
1) Film a few short videos (portrait style not landscape) with your phone or a camera.
2) Upload them on your Phone (Only needed if you filmed with a camera).
3) Post one short video of your actual day on your Instagram Story (If wished).
4) Once 24 hours have passed since you filmed/uploaded your videos on your phone, they “technically” won’t be available anymore to use for your Instagram Story but no panic, read below!
5) Send any video(s) you want to upload them anytime on your Instagram Story to a friend on What’s App and ask that friend to send you the video(s) you sent back to you.
6) There you go, you have now received the video(s) from your friend and will now see them on your phone as if there were just filmed today.
7) Now, open your “add Instagram Story” on your Instagram account, go to the top and slide your finger down. You will find your videos right there.
Ps: Note that the quality of your videos that you receive back from your friend might have lost some quality, thus avoid writing things on it with Instagram Story before you send it to your friends.
How to upload Pictures that are older than 24 hours on Instagram Story?
This couldn’t be easier…
Just take a screen shot of the “old” picture you wish to publish and you can then find it on your Instagram Story by sliding your finger down. You will find your pictures right there!
So you see, it is that easy and this certainly will change your whole experience as a Brand or Blogger using Instagram Stories! Don’t miss this Instagram Management tool, follow adder review.
Hope you enjoyed this post and I will see you on www.bellezarebel.com for more posts including Travel, Beauty and Events Styling Tips!
We look forward to reading your questions and comments below!