Are your videos struggling to generate the engagement you had hoped for on Facebook? Perhaps you are yet to try your hand at Facebook video marketing at all? Video marketing is one of the most effective and important forms of online advertising in the current day. It is a great way to engage with customers and get them to connect with your brand. But, this will only be the case if you create winning videos and post them in the right manner.
What are the best types of video for improving brand awareness on Facebook?
- Educational videos – People love to learn new things. Enlighten your audience with interesting videos that enable them to learn quicker. How-to videos and educational videos about your products and services can give great value to your audience.
- Entertainment videos – Create videos that engage, amuse, and impact audiences. This type of video content is much more likely to be shared across Facebook and other social media platforms. Rather than teaching the audience, the goal of these videos is to evoke certain emotions. Good entertainment videos include video quizzes, interactive videos, and the 360 degrees’ experience videos that have become popular lately.
- Company news & PR – From videos about staff appointments and customer events to community work and charity, your consumer base will get to know your organisation more through PR and company news videos.
- Animations & explainer videos – When explaining the products and services your business provides, animation videos work well. Make sure the video address the audience’s pain points while also getting across your brand’s look and values.
- Brand stories – Last but not least, we have brand stories, which will introduce a potential customer to your business. This will explain exactly who you are and what your values are. Brand stories should be considered a ‘speed date’ – you only have 30-seconds or a minute to sell yourself, so you need to make it good.
Tips for creating better Facebook video adverts:
Now that you know more about the different types of videos that work well for building your brand image on Facebook, let’s take a look at some tips that can help you to enhance your overall video campaigns:
- Grab your audience’s attention straight away – If you don’t grab the viewer’s attention within the first three seconds, it is time for a rethink.
- Carefully consider the video thumbnail – The thumbnail is something that does not receive the attention it should. However, you need to encourage users to click play on the video, especially those that have deactivated autoplay on their smartphones. The only way to do this is to ensure that your thumbnail is compelling.
- Use the ‘watch video’ call-to-action – Facebook has a ‘watch video’ call-to-action button that can be incorporated into your cover photo. This is one of the best ways to immediately draw attention to a video on your website.
- Design your video for use without sound – This may sound odd. Surely sound is a vital part of any video? It is, but you also need to consider the fact that a lot of people are going to watch your videos without sound. They may be using public transport, or they could be at university, for example. You will get more from your videos if they may sense without sound.
- Ensure you have the correct support in place – Nothing will harm your Facebook marketing strategy more than downtime. Even an hour of being offline is an hour of wasted opportunities. If you don’t have the capability and resources in-house to ensure fast recovery to IT problems, you should consider business IT outsourcing. There are plenty of companies offering this service, and they essentially provide you with the platform you need to excel your business. You can focus on driving sales while they ensure everything else ticks along nicely in the background.
- Add a featured video – Facebook gives you the option to make a featured video, which means it will be placed more prominently on your page. It goes above your About section, and it is larger on your Videos tab.
- Get the headline right – You can have one of the most exciting and original videos in the world, but if your headline is rubbish, it is unlikely that anyone is going to watch it. You must choose something that is going to pique the user’s’ interest to the point that they want to watch what you have to offer.
- Use carousel adverts – A lot of business owners are already using carousel adverts, but they aren’t using them to full effect, as they have only incorporated static images. Instead, you can utilise multiple videos with a carousel ad, including call-to-action buttons, link descriptions, and more information.
- Incorporate fan content – One of the best ways to increase engagement and brand loyalty over Facebook is to make the most of fan content. Any user-generated videos should be shared on your social media platforms.
- Tell viewers about the video – Your viewers are going to be much more likely to watch your video if you give them a bit of information on what to expect. Don’t give everything away, however, you need to say something that is going to intrigue them.
- Only target mobiles that are connected to Wi-Fi – Another tip is to make sure you only show videos to users that are connected to Wi-Fi. After all, there is nothing more irritating than watching a video on your smartphone, only for it to keep stopping. Of course, it’s not your business’ fault; it is the fact that the user has a poor connection. But, this won’t stop you from getting the blame, which is why it is a good idea to only target mobile devices that are connected to Wi-Fi.
Analyse results – On a final note, it is imperative to analyse your results using Facebook insights so that you can optimise your next video. Making data-driven decisions is vital if you are to achieve success using social media. After all, how are supposed to know where to make improvements if you don’t know where you are going wrong to begin with?