As you may know, the best strategy long time is getting high authority whitehat backlinks in order to stay on top of Google search rankings.
There are many researches by marketers or even by Moz that shows there’s a direct relationship between good backlinks and Google search rankings.
Basically as higher the quality of your links, the higher your serp rankings. But as you my know, how link building has changed in the post Penguin era.
Once upon a time, it was very easy, just write a bunch of spin articles with some links to directories and you could be rewarded by Google. Now is not like this anymore, all links are not equal.
Having a relevant links will get you better rankings on Google, but having the wrong links can get you penalized and even blacklisted by Google!
Don’t forget this releveant facts before to get any backlinks to your blog or website:
- The content must be relevant to your site
- Needs a good DA score and PA (Domain Authority and Page Authority are the new PageRank. Many marketers and big companies demonstrate that DA is an important factor for Google ranking algorithm.
- Have a link natural
But here’s the new problem: It’s really hard to get good authority sites to link back to you. Right now how it works is: the other blogs generate good content and then they rank to the already popular blogs.
For the new bloggers, create content is not enought becasue no one will link to you. What you need to do is to spread the word in order to get quality backlinks.
I’m going to explain you how you can manage to get backlinks from authorative pages being a newbie. These strategies will work in 2017, 2018, 2025 and beyond (and in any niche).
- 1 1. Get .Edu Backlinks
- 2 2. Do Testimonials to Services You Tried & Get A Backlink In Return
- 3 3. Use Guestographics and you Will Get Authority Contextual Backlinks
- 184.108.40.206.1 1. Find the most popular content in your niche using Google or other platforms. For example BuzzSumo gives you the list of blog posts with the highest social shares, this is a good value for identifing the most popular blogs.
- 220.127.116.11.2 2. Seek for a topic, get lots of data and numbers about it, and convert it into an infographic. For example, if you’re in the blogging niche, you can create a infographic on how to start doing blogging in 10-13 steps.
- 18.104.22.168.3 3. You can get a great infographic designed by a freelance designer. You can find designers on portals like 99Designs, Elance, Fiver, etc.
- 22.214.171.124.4 4. Share this infographic on your website and make it embeddable by using the embed code generator.
- 126.96.36.199.5 5. Now reach out to the sites that have published similar content and offer them this infographic.
- 188.8.131.52.6 6. Now comes the funny part, you can write a short and unique guest post describing the infographic.
- 184.108.40.206.7 7. Include the link to your site on the guest post!
- 220.127.116.11.8 8. Send the guest post to relevant niche blogs
- 4 4. Broken Link Building is the Strategy You Are Missing
- 18.104.22.168.1 1. Find the pages about your niche. You can seek them using search queries on Google like:
- 22.214.171.124.2 2. Look for broken links on them. You can do it using Ahref, Broken Link Finder or a free Google Chrome extension like Check My Links.
- 126.96.36.199.3 3. Find these broken links, create a more valuable content and reach out to the website owner.
- 188.8.131.52.4 4. Let him know about the broken link and offer your new content (with your link of course”).
- 5 5. Link to Relevant Websites and Contact them
- 6 6. Write Great-Long Content to Build Backlinks
- 7 7. Find Websites that Mention You and Get authorative backlinks
- 8 8. Get Links from AllTop and Blog Aggregators super Easy
- 9 9. Using Link Parties and Round-ups to submit your Content
- 10 10. Use the Skyscraper Strategy to Get Authorative Backlinks
- 10.0.0.0.1 1. Do a keyword research and check which keywords do you want to rank for
- 10.0.0.0.2 2. Scrape a list of the blog posts, related to your keywords, which are very popular and have good quality links
- 10.0.0.0.3 3. Generate a good article, better than the found on the blogs that provide more value
- 10.0.0.0.4 4. Contact with the webmasters and convince dthem to link to your content instead
- 10.0.0.0.5 Sounds easy, right?
- 11 11. Contact Important Bloggers To Promote Your Blog or site
- 184.108.40.206.1 1. Just seek for the blogs that have linked to similar articles in the past. You check it using your competitor’s post in Moz Open Site Explorer, Majestic or Ahrefs.
- 220.127.116.11.2 2. Once you have the list of sites linking to similar blogs, reach them usingcontact form, email address or Twitter. Let them know about your content
- 18.104.22.168.3 3. Once you have the list simply check their URLs on Twitter to see who has Tweeted it. All of these readers are potential linkers.
- 12 12. Share Case Studies To Get Authorative Backlinks
- 13 Time to Start Building with your Strategy and Get Powerful Whitehat Backlinks!
Backlinks from .edu gets you significantly more value as compared to the normal .com links. Google trusts .edu domains because usually are used by universities, or educational and research institutes.
Getting .edu links is not easy, but even a few can strengthen your link profile and give a nice boost to your search rankings.
Lets see how you can get this links easily, some universities and colleges have resource pages with links to other sites on the web which their students can find interesting.
Many of these resource sites are not regularly updated. That means there’s always a chance of broken links on these sites. You can seek them using the broken link method I talk about earlier, reach out with your own resource and try to convince them to link to your blog or site.
To increase your posibilities, ensure your content is detailed, valuable and backed by solid research.
Are you using a keyword research tool? Or maybe a good hosting? Any marketing tool that you have found useful is good opportunity to do a review and offer the developers a free testimonial that they can show on their website.
Usually, in order to do it more real, the brands will put a link to your site. You can even consider to buy a service o giving a try a trial in order to do a testimonial (only if their website is worth it). You can find really good authority domains with maybe DA60+.
Infographics are one of the most usual trendy of content that attract the most backlinks (yes its true!). The recent by WordStream, shows that the most frequent linked content are infographics. Also as you may know and shared once at least, is that infographics are usually shared on social media.
If you combine a good guest blogs strategy with infographics, for sure you will get a lot of authorative links. You must be thinking right now that this strategy is very time consuming, thats right, I agree.
This is why you shoud do some guestographic, because is a shortcut get guest posts on high authority blogs on your niche. And no, I did not write wrong the word Guestographic, I don’t know who invented the word, but I first read it on Brian Dean’s blog, Backlinko.
I’m going to explain you how to start doing this strategy:
2. Seek for a topic, get lots of data and numbers about it, and convert it into an infographic. For example, if you’re in the blogging niche, you can create a infographic on how to start doing blogging in 10-13 steps.
3. You can get a great infographic designed by a freelance designer. You can find designers on portals like 99Designs, Elance, Fiver, etc.
5. Now reach out to the sites that have published similar content and offer them this infographic.
6. Now comes the funny part, you can write a short and unique guest post describing the infographic.
8. Send the guest post to relevant niche blogs
Maybe for a good infographic you can spend around 300$ to 200$. If you manage to get 20 blogs accepting your guest post and adding your link, you will get backlinks for 10$. It’s a good deal right?
4. Broken Link Building is the Strategy You Are Missing
I talk about this topic before on articles about expired domains and is a really simple but effective strategy in order to get authorative backlinks.
There hundreds or thousands of websites that use to be a good authority websites but, for different reasons, the sites are no more working. But the good thing is that this sites have still hundreds of links pointing to them.
How you can take advantage of this? Easy, you can create a similar resource, and reach out to the websites pointing to the outdated resource and let them know about your backlink.
The same can be done with content resources. How? Basically you must find such broken links on pages about your niche.
1. Find the pages about your niche. You can seek them using search queries on Google like:
“niche + resource page”
“niche + recommended links”
“niche + links”
If you manage to get 5-10 high authority backlinks from this strategy, it’ll be worth your time and effort.
5. Link to Relevant Websites and Contact them
Are you crazy Walter? We want to get links!! Not to get authorative backlinks to others…. It might sound strange, but as much as you link to toher sites, the likelier you are to gain backlinks yourself.
Here on WalterPonce, I use to point to links to at least 4-5 times in every 1000 words.
But in order to get more probabilities of getting backlinks, you will need to reach out to the webmasters you’re linking to.
There are different tipes of ways of doing this.
A lof of bloggers and influencers love to being mentioned on Twitter. This allows to quickly check your content and give you a RT if they like it.
I know that having a RT is not a Backlink, but it allows you to get exposure of you content and site.
Once you have created your article with a backlink to other site, you can send an email like to contac the webmaster.
Send this email to everyone you’ve linked in your content. In my experience, this strategy works better when you target bloggers of the same level as yours.
Basically the reason why most bloggers fail to get backlinks from guest posts is just because they do it wrong. Having a quality blog allows you to accept or not your guest post depending if it has promotional backlinks to the homepage of your blog.
Please….don’t expect them to give you free links with the anchor: “the best marketing angeny in Barcelona” in guest posts.
In order to get backlinks from quality blogs, you must create link-worthy content on your site, and then use it as a reference in your guest posts.
Many reasearches and studies demonstrate that data-heavy content gets much more links frequently as compared to short and opinion content.
Use information from sites like Statista, Pew Research and other good sources in your niche. Then to make your guest post look great, use snapshots, images, and segments of your infographic.
Use the heavy posts on your sites as reference in your guest posts, and link back to them.
Sometimes bloggers mention your site or your name in their articles. But either don’t use any link or they put it wrong. If you manage to contact them, you can ask them to place the link .
This strategy can help you to find good quality links for you. You can seek such mentions by using tools like Ahrefs, BuzzSumo or Mention. Even you can set up Google alerts for your brand and blog name.
Whenever you see a new mention in a site, see if it has been linked to your site properly. If not, reach out the webmaster and ask if he could add the link.
8. Get Links from AllTop and Blog Aggregators super Easy
Sending your site to high quality blog aggregators is a good strategy that can allow you to get good links. You can secure multiple high authority backlinks by sending your website to different industry specific and also general blog aggregators.
There are many free and paid blog aggregators where you can register and add your RSS feed URL to automatically send any article published on your site.
Here are some sites where you can submit your website and get quality backlinks:
Also you can send your website URLs to content curation platforms like Scoop.it, Triberr and Inbound.org. These sites are used by thousands of marketers. Although you won’t get do-follow links from them, they can give your content a lot of exposure which allows you to get linkbuilding opportunities.
9. Using Link Parties and Round-ups to submit your Content
There are a lot of sites in most niches that have a monthly or weekly link roundups. A Round up is like “best of the month/week” kind of articles where the author shares links from different sites.
You can seek for such iniciatives in your niche using search queries like:
“niche + weekly roundup”
“niche + link party”
“niche + best of the month”
I believe in getting backlinks with better quality content which is why the Skyscraper Strategy is one of the best backlinking strategies.
Let me explain you how to do it:
1. Do a keyword research and check which keywords do you want to rank for
3. Generate a good article, better than the found on the blogs that provide more value
Sounds easy, right?
11. Contact Important Bloggers To Promote Your Blog or site
I believe that earning links is something natural. You must have quality content, but it doesn’t mean I expect people to link to my articles just because I’ve published it on my site.
You must reach other bloggers and tell about your content. If you’ve created an article and you think offers good value and actionable insights to the readers, then make sure you share this content with the people who’re most likely to link it.
So how do you find such linking opportunities?
You can target the readers who’ve shared your competitors’ articles and share your posts with them. With this strategy, you can seek people who liked your content and shared it.
Blogger outreach is time consuming, but if your content is good, your chances of get authorative backlinksare pretty high.
You know why Neil Patel and Ryan Deiss are always quoted so frequently on other blogs? Because their content is backed by real-life experiences, case studies, and solid evidence.
It’s not just about theory, readers want real experiences and value. One of the biggest qualities of link-worthy articles is that it contains solid experiences and undeniable proof. Basically bloggers link to that content because it makes them look more credible.
No matter which niche you’re using, if you can share good case studies, examples or your personal experiences, your content will always attract links from other sites.
Now you have may variations in order to get new backlinks, there are plenty of different ways to build quality backlinks to your affiliate site, but this list can give you a pretty good starting point.
Remember that building and earning quality backlinks it requires a lot of time, but that’s the only way to be on top of Google on your target keywords.
Which other strategies are you using to build links?
I’m looking forward to know more about it in the comments.