The digitalization of the market has facilitated the accessibility of small and medium-sized companies so that they can reach more people thanks to the Internet. But it is also important to take into account the large amount of competition to which they are forced to jump to be visible in the search engines.
How can companies get to be in the top positions of Google? Very easy, integrating an SEO strategy in the business Marketing plans. SEO strategies well applied in web content will significantly improve visits and with the consequent increase in profits.
Before starting, let’s review the factors that we must define to integrate an SEO strategy into a Marketing Plan: Keyword Research, on-page optimization, popularity of the domain, the Off-Site part … among the most important. We get down to work to optimize the SEO strategy of our business.
How to integrate an SEO strategy into a Marketing Plan?
In order to be able to integrate all the tactics in an SEO strategy, very basic points have to be considered, which in parallel with its implementation will take into account the small details. For example, when starting one of the tactics that is the basis of any SEO strategy such as the development of the Keyword Research, you can start thinking about what the correct structure of the web will be like or how the landing or product sheets will be . Therefore, here are listed the most important and essential points to take into account when integrating an SEO strategy in a Marketing Plan take note!
Basic study of keywords or Keyword Research
When we intend to publish content on the Internet, it is fundamental that we begin with a basic study of the keywords (or Keywords). These words are what we think the users will put when they search the search box like Google, Yahoo or Ask. In other words, it is the word that best defines the context or content of our page and why we want it to appear in the search engine when the user asks for it.
There are several types of classifications of the keywords, the most common are taking into account the intention of the user (informative, transactional or navigational) and taking into account the volume of searches:
- Head Tail: these are the keywords with the highest search volume and therefore the highest competition. They tend to be more generic, such as: SEO.
- Middle Tail: the users are more specific therefore the searches have less volume than the Head Tail but with an interesting competition, for example: SEO for e-Commerce.
- Long Tail: are the most specific searches and therefore have less competition, we must analyze well if they are opportunities to position, because they have to have a considerable number of searches to be relevant. The differentiating key of the rest of types of keywords, is that these words usually have a higher percentage of conversion, since the user is in a stage of the funnel closer to the purchase that of the research phase or discovery .
How do we search for the right keyword? If we still do not have a high level of popularity, the most normal thing is that we bet on a keyword with little competition to try to position and gradually become more visible.
We have several free tools that allow us to search for keywords as they can give us Long Tail data: Keywordtool.io, Ubersuggest.org, Google Keyword Tool or Google Keyword Planner Tool.
The web structure: On-page SEO
SEO has to be everywhere and in the structure of the web it is essential that it is present. This part is responsible for SEO On-page, which refers to all the factors of a web page that Google takes into account to position. We review some of the essential On-page factors:
- Accessibility, indexing optimization and the Crawl Budget.
- The content: Titles, entries and text. Web semantics is very important for SEO positioning. The word and the semantic field that surrounds it must be present in the text of the web, the titles, (H1, H2, etc). All this information is collected by search engines and sum to position in the search engine list.
- SEO friendly URLs: they must also include the keyword, even in a simplified form.
- The internal linking: improves the quality of navigation, the time spent on the page and the user experience. We must take care of the level of depth of the pages that generate business and we want to improve its positioning.
- Listing them beforehand helps to take them into account in the strategy to follow.
- The images and the alt attribute: the images are also in the spotlight of SEO, including the keyword in the alt can be a great help to position and optimize SEO on the web.
Do not forget the Mobile SEO
You may be tired of hearing it, but Mobile First is booming. The users that consult Internet with the mobile already surpass to which they do it with the computer. So it is very important to ensure that mobile browsing is optimal, since the Google bots as of July 2018 will include the optimization of sites for mobile devices as a positioning factor.
Voice aides have also changed a lot the way users search towards a tone closer to the conversation. With this trend, the FAQ formats (question answers) grow closer to the type of searches carried out. The possible questions begin to appear in the SERPs.
Link-Building and Off-site SEO
Once we have reviewed the SEO part onpage it is time to focus on external factors. This refers to SEO Off-site that is responsible for ensuring external links to point to our website, popularity, whether from other pages or mentions through social networks.
One of the concerns that SEO should have is to get a high volume of backlinks from domains of the same theme, in order to improve the popularity of the site, or what is also the same, the Page Rank, which is now a value ranking that can only be seen internally in Google, since the numerical value that has triumphed so much for years is not made public.
When will we have the SEO results?
SEO is not something that works from one day to the next, it should be allowed a prudential time and above all it requires a trial error every day. Innovate and test weekly to see what the best results of your SEO strategy are. Once you have achieved your goals do not confess, continue working because SEO is constancy and research.
Main objectives of SEO
The work of SEO is difficult and as we said before requires a lot of persistence, but all this would not be complete if there is no monitoring and analysis of the results of the SEO strategy carried out.
Tell us, do you have an SEO strategy in your Marketing plan? How do you do it? We want to know your opinion, do not hesitate to comment and share the article in your networks.