The ominchanel contact center brings us closer to the challenge of looking after brand reputation on different digital channels. And there begins the task of defining a view of customer service in social media, but before that you have to achieve followers, generate a community, which is much more than adding followers in each social media.
This detailed task requires 5 tips that we must not forget
1) Knowledge: social media are an inexhaustible source of knowledge about who the brand’s audience is. The audience should not be confused with customers, there is no direct equation between buyers and followers, but it can be said that the audience tells us a lot about who they are, what they like, how they think, what amuses them, why they follow us, etc. It is necessary to use good analysis and monitoring tools to generate reliable metrics, and most importantly, data that can be analyzed by specialists to build better strategies.
2) Proactivity: the attitude of the brand must be proactive, advancing positively to the tastes and needs of its audience. One of the big problems of organizations, is to think of social media as a replicator of communications, like a down-line news brand. The most important thing is to define the style of communication, which should always be proactive in anticipation of what the audience does not yet know about the brand, surprising and delighting everyone.
3) Engagement: is closely linked to the two previous points. With audience knowledge and proactive attitude, it will be much easier to achieve interactions leveraged in the emotional, which ultimately is what moves us, which makes someone like what we do as a brand and follow us on social networks . The “humanized” brand is not a trend, it is imperative if you are not yet conversing with your audience. Brands that value engagement, generate very dynamic communities, which are always emerging new ideas to continue falling in love.
4) Storytelling: knowing what to tell, how to tell it and when to do it, makes all the difference. In social media brands talk about themselves all the time, the resources they use, language, style, graphic design care, the opportunity taken advantage of in the timing, the use of humor, etc. Are definitions that will serve to position the message and reach the right audience. What does the brand have to say about itself?
5) Relevance: deciding the strategy of what to communicate should always include assessing quality before everything else. Without quality, the image of the brand is blurred. With quality, the message is strengthened and the audience’s perception of what the brand is, what it contributes to it, becomes tangible about the benefits it has. The relevant gives meaning to carefully constructed storytelling and reinforces engagement.
These 5 points are basic to begin to delineate a good customer experience on social channels. It is not everything, but it is the principle that you should not ignore.